I am all about looking as glam as possible, at all times. However lately I’ve been turning towards a more natural approach to beauty application. There is a time and a season for everything (like double sets of lashes on New Year’s Eve), and there’s also a time for truly just looking your best…polished & pretty, but also natural.
Here’s where my secret comes in…
The secret to looking your best but also fabulous, are small strip false lashes. More specifically, the Ardell #110’s. They are so light and natural that no one would ever be able to tell that you have them on.
Olivia Palermo has admitted to often wearing false lashes and it’s one of the quickest and easiest ways to spruce up your weekend look. It looks great in pictures and it pairs well with any eye makeup look or lipstick color. It’s neutral but it’s glamorous.
The trick is to curl your lashes very well before you glue the fake ones on. Once they are on, curl them again. This makes a world of a difference. It’s what lifts them up higher to your brow, opening your eyes up. Here are a few tips to applying the strip lash:
- Apply all eye makeup, including eyeliner
- Curl your lashes
- Apply glue to your false lashes, allow the glue to get tacky, waiting a good 7 seconds
- Pick up the lash in the center with your tweezers, apply it to the center of your lid
- Use the tweezers to grab the inside of the lashes and press into the skin
- Use the tweezers again to grab the outside edge of the lash and press into the skin
- Allow the glue to dry for a good minute and then curl lashes again, follow with mascara