I love me a good lipliner. How else are you supposed to “turn that frown upside down?” Women who use lipliner are women who have it together. Much like a picture frame shapes a picture, so does liner to the lips and face.
Today I want to give you a few easy steps for making lipliner look natural but also believable. More than half the battle is finding a good color so that it doesn’t look too obvious.
In the picture above I used Sonia Kashuk’s liner in “Pink Whisper.” I also frequently use Makeup Forever lipliners in “2C” and “3C.”
Here are my top tips!
- Line lips but do so at your discretion. You can line the outer rim of your lips if you really want to go for it (this is called cheating the line) or you can just trace the shape directly onto the perimeter. If you are “cheating the line” the liner will be more on your skin than the lips itself.
- Make sure you really define the bottom of your lower lip, just above the center of the chin. Don’t be afraid to make this area a little extra dark with the liner.
- Blend and diffuse the line gently with your ring finger.
- Apply lip balm and diffuse anywhere that needs a little softness.
- (Optional) Apply a shimmery ivory eyeshadow onto the cupid’s bow for extra dimension.
And that’s it!
It sounds so simple but by doing these few easy steps your lips will resemble that of Rosie Huntington Whiteley’s! *A little birdie told me this is actually how she does her lips too, and when I say “little birdie” I mean stalking RHW’s makeup artist on YouTube. You’re welcome.
Your lips will look so natural but also have a beautiful shape to them. Cheers to looking like a natural goddess!